Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 01, 2021, 09:01:11 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Lounge (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: Rags to Riches and back to Rags 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rags to Riches and back to Rags  (Read 7693 times)
greenpoker44
Experienced Botter

« on: March 08, 2016, 04:41:07 AM »

Well. I went from $50 to about $1200 when I won a decent 1st place in an MTT and cashed in a couple of smaller ones. In less than two months I've crashed down to under $100.  I've mainly played MTTs and mixed in some cash and SNGs.   Sad

I was hoping to do well in some of the ACR freerolls ($500 - $20K freeroll series) but many of them had THOUSANDS of entries! Smaller than usual starting chips (e.g., $1000) and thousands of players make the odds go way down.  You need to do the rebuys and add-ons to have had much of a chance.

Back to the drawing board!

Regards,
Greenpoker44
Link
Experienced Botter

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 07:11:03 PM »

Well, I know what you mean. The optimist in me thinks you have doubled your money but he is a retard.
The way it seems to go with my bankroll on website X:

Step 1: start with +-50
Step 2: win nothing and loose it all
Step 3: win some freerolls or satelites
step 4: win about 50
and repeat the above

funny thing is that when I cash out that 50 and start over with the free-rolls from zero, I also manage to hit the small prices that turn into 50. Happens all the time.
Why I cant seem to make more out of a healthy bankroll situation is a real mystery but it does not happen.
In your case I should have cashed that 1200 and start over with about zero. In this particular case you should have done this too Sad

I think i will do a google search on : Online poker is rigged
riverrat
Experienced Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 08:50:18 AM »

I played many of those tournaments on ACR and it seemed to me that if you didn't rebuy a couple of times, you were not going to place in the mtts cash. I was getting very good at predicting cards when I was up against a bigger stack. I folded KK twice and sure enough someone had AA, maybe it was just luck??

explosion shoottroll
greenpoker44
Experienced Botter

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 06:57:06 AM »

I played many of those tournaments on ACR and it seemed to me that if you didn't rebuy a couple of times, you were not going to place in the mtts cash. I was getting very good at predicting cards when I was up against a bigger stack. I folded KK twice and sure enough someone had AA, maybe it was just luck??

explosion shoottroll

True. I did a double rebuy and add-on in one of the MTTs and did the best in that one as well. Sometimes I think the card room decides to "adjust" my account settings. The card room can do whatever it wants and, technically, it is possible. I'm not saying it is rigged. You cannot prove it. But it is 100% possible to rig sites from a technical standpoint. There should be no denying that. You are really playing based on "faith" or "hope" that the case is otherwise and with the understanding that there is no way to be 100% sure things are legit. I am confident that the brick and mortar decks are not manipulated against my favor or others. However, the same cannot be said of online sites, which cannot be guaranteed to be legit, but that just comes with the territory in order to play in a more convenient manner. I play knowing that any and all sites can have issues.

Regards,
Greenpoker44
rfh2007
Confident Newbie

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 03:19:46 PM »

I laugh at the "is online poker rigged" question.

Of course its not.

Three Russians sitting at the same table and discussing their hands in open chat. Thats normal isnt it?

Three Russions sitting at the same table. Russian1 shoves all-in. Russian 2 shoves all-in. Russian 3 shoves all in.
The Flop.....Russian1 folds, Russian 2 folds, Russian 3 sweeps in and picks up a huge pot. Thats normal isnt it?

I have AA at the late stage in a MTT. So what do you do...shove all in.....of course you do. DonkA calls me.
The flop...J47....the turn J.... So what does DonkA have KJ.....oh well he's got JJJ. The river gives me nothing. So I"m done!! (2.2% for him drawing that hand BTW)
I Check out DonkA's stats the next day. Ahhh...hes played 2 games in total !!   Thats's normal isnt it?

Tonight......late stage in MTT.......I have AA and shove all in. DonkB calls me. DonkB has KK. And guess what the flop brings...... KK5.  Work out the odds on that !!!
So Im done again !!!
I check out DonkB stats. He has played one game ever......and that was yesterday.    Thats normal isnt it?

Hmmm...so i go to play a cash game. About 50 hands in.....its a full ring game.....but only 3 players in it. So here is the deal....Player1 gets AA, Player2 gets KK and player 3 gets QQ.
So guess what? Im player 3!   So what do you do?   Big shove?  Of course !!      Flop......A67.....
OMG!!  Player1?  Has played 1 MTT and 2 Freeolls ever!!,    Thats normal isnt it?

So is it rigged?   Of course not!!

Just in case.....I'm using latest version of KGB.  For Freerolls (when I play them) I have a wildly modified version of Webs MTT (its a wild donk and has won a few bucks...lol)

I have the greatest admiration for Egor and his team as well as Cosmo and Web and all the other coders.
I'm not going to stop playing online poker, but Im determined to find a way to smack out some of the idiots and cheats.

So (when hand A ....RaiseMax Force)......lol
XL5
Botter

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 03:26:58 AM »

Three Russions sitting at the same table. Russian1 shoves all-in. Russian 2 shoves all-in. Russian 3 shoves all in.
The Flop.....Russian1 folds, Russian 2 folds, Russian 3 sweeps in and picks up a huge pot. Thats normal isnt it?

Hard to fold after shoving all-in so I'd have to say that's not normal  ninja  lol
ykcip75
Experienced Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 10:08:40 AM »

So is it rigged?

Probably yes,probably not but since I inflict the same bad beats I get I won't complain at all.
rfh2007
Confident Newbie

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 12:39:07 AM »

Apologies!

I went back to look over that hand with the Russians.

"Three Russians sitting at the same table. Russian1 shoves all-in. Russian 2 shoves all-in. Russian 3 shoves all in.
The Flop.....Russian1 folds, Russian 2 folds, Russian 3 sweeps in and picks up a huge pot. Thats normal isnt it?"

What I should have said was that Russian1 raised all his chips apart from a few, Russian2 did the same. Russian3 shoved all in. Then the other 2 folded.

At the time I was watching the bot and TV at the same time. To my befuddled brain the raiseses looked like all in shoves. I  hadn't noticed that the first two had a few chips left each but neither called.

Hope this now makes sense!!
greenpoker44
Experienced Botter

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 04:51:47 AM »

So, what have you learned from this? That you should not go all in with AA in the late stage of a tournament! You have been setup! Haha. Go all in with 22 instead. Or perhaps 3,7 off.  lol

Regards,
Greenpoker44
rfh2007
Confident Newbie

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 09:47:27 AM »

Ummm….I think this has been misinterpreted and that’s my fault for not providing all the information. I was in late position and actually folded.

This was an exercise in “Chip Building”

So in other words two (or more) conspire to build one players stack at the sacrifice of their own. In this circumstance it maybe also an intimidation technique, but I don’t know this.

So the bottom line is that one player basically doubles or triples his stack and the other two bow out.

I have seen this in cash games but normally in MTT’s towards the end of the tournament.

To do this they need to communicate with each other, which is clearly against the ToS of, I would imagine, every poker room.

Hope I made myself more clear !!
greenpoker44
Experienced Botter

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 07:08:38 AM »

Ummm….I think this has been misinterpreted and that’s my fault for not providing all the information. I was in late position and actually folded.

This was an exercise in “Chip Building”

So in other words two (or more) conspire to build one players stack at the sacrifice of their own. In this circumstance it maybe also an intimidation technique, but I don’t know this.

So the bottom line is that one player basically doubles or triples his stack and the other two bow out.

I have seen this in cash games but normally in MTT’s towards the end of the tournament.

To do this they need to communicate with each other, which is clearly against the ToS of, I would imagine, every poker room.

Hope I made myself more clear !!

I'm sure this does happen. Guys could be part of a "team" and split earnings.

Regards,
Greenpoker44
Robocop
Confident Newbie

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 10:08:00 AM »

ABSOLUTE POKER, POT RIPPER , IMDA NUTS , HELLO WAKY WAKY

PEACE @ POKER
Pages: [1] Print 
Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Lounge (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: Rags to Riches and back to Rags
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length