Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 26, 2021, 02:35:14 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Discussion Board (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: How do I find a tight aggressive profile? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How do I find a tight aggressive profile?  (Read 1835 times)
XL5
Botter

« on: November 07, 2015, 06:35:19 AM »

Here is what I have so far:

I downloaded Egor's MTT ppl format and renamed it holdem.ppl
I downloaded Hybrid FINAL EDITION for my txt profile and renamed it AutoProfileHoldem
Then I started the holdembot and used the options at the top, clickin super tight play.

Its not super tight, not in the least.  I cannot find a tight aggressive combination of ppl and txt profiles in this free section.  Is there one?

If I was sure to find exactly what I wanted I would go to the marketplace, but there are a lot of profiles for sale and with my luck I would buy one that still does not suit me.

Advice?
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 07:28:23 AM »

Start tweaking your own profile  thumbsup

If you use the .ppl version of my MTT profile you are supposed to also use my option settings via a text file, here: www.bonusbots.com/mttoptions.txt

I have no idea what you loaded to go with it.

But you need to understand the hierarchy of command in the bot so I suggest a long, careful read of section 2 of the Holdem Bot User Manual. You cannot reliably tweak a profile by the option settings because the PPL code in the profile overrides most of the option settings.

You could eliminate the holdem.ppl file altogether and then the option settings would always work -- but your post-flop play would suck.

best thing to do is probbaly give the bot a codeline or two at the top and tell it to fold everything you don't want to play. But I must warn you that super-tight play is a sure loser (you're not the first one to think of it).

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
ykcip75
Experienced Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 09:05:32 AM »

Here is what I have so far:

I downloaded Egor's MTT ppl format and renamed it holdem.ppl
I downloaded Hybrid FINAL EDITION for my txt profile and renamed it AutoProfileHoldem
Then I started the holdembot and used the options at the top, clickin super tight play.

Its not super tight, not in the least.  I cannot find a tight aggressive combination of ppl and txt profiles in this free section.  Is there one?

If I was sure to find exactly what I wanted I would go to the marketplace, but there are a lot of profiles for sale and with my luck I would buy one that still does not suit me.

Advice?

Try the Webber's Great Mtt Code look in the archive topic it's suits more your style and you can easily tweak it if you start learning PPL.
XL5
Botter

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 11:37:33 AM »

Thanks for the replies.  I shall try the suggestions.

With regards to super tight play.  I am definitely not the first to think of it.  I learned to play tight from the teachings of others and it is the only way I can make money when playing live action.  I was hoping to find a bot that plays the same way but because the bottom line is making money, then any profile that accomplishes that is a good profile.

So I shall try the MTT in the correct way (per Egor's post, thank you)
Then I shall try Webbers Great Mtt from the archives (which is where I found the Hybrid FINAL EDITION btw)

I also tried something called the Millenium Cash Profile which offered a free version before deciding to buy the paid version.  I set that profile on a 1/2 cent cash table and it played for 3 hours without any rebuys and only lost $1.  That seems promising.  I wonder if the updated paid version would do better?

I do realize that learning to tweak the bot to my comfort level is going to take a while.  But in the couple of weeks I have been trying, I only make money when I 'take over' from the bot and play live.  When I get past that point, where the bot earns more than I can without it, then I will be a happy man.  (I am not a great poker player, just persistent and careful).

So thanks again for any tips, explanations, and encouragement.
Pages: [1] Print 
Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Discussion Board (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: How do I find a tight aggressive profile?
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length