Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2022, 10:58:15 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Lounge (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: How to win at Draftkings (daily fantasy sports) NFL 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: How to win at Draftkings (daily fantasy sports) NFL  (Read 50888 times)
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2015, 03:05:37 AM »

The big contests that these sites push are lotteries, that's for sure. I'm more partial to the "single entry" events now, and lower commission structured "triple ups' and the like.

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
GreenFish
Experienced Botter

« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2015, 07:40:39 PM »

The single entry GPPs  may be a way to avoid the Spreadsheet Guys.  The top prizes are much less  $4,000 instead of $100,000 for a three dollar entry. This could lessen their interest in single entry events. beer
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 04:18:47 PM by GreenFish » Logged

All The Art of Poker Lies in A Fine Mingling of Holding On or Letting Go !
GreenFish
Experienced Botter

« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2015, 09:59:01 PM »

Left enough on account for some single entries.      QBs - Big Ben , Newton, A Smith                 RBs-  Forte , Rawls , Martin            WRs - O. Beckham , A brown , M Bryant       TE  - Watson         
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 09:30:42 PM by GreenFish » Logged

Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2015, 10:58:29 PM »

My picks

QB's: Palmer, Wilson, Bortles, and maaaybe Drew Brees

RB's: L McCoy, S Draughn, L Miller

TE: B Watson

WR's: A Hurns, S Watkins, M Evans, C Shorts (for value) and all-in on O. Beckman

Defense: KC, Phili

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
GreenFish
Experienced Botter

« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2015, 11:20:08 PM »

Wow Egor     You picked a good bunch this week .        The leading team on my GPP has five or six of your choices  thumbsup beer    Hope you put them in the right order.  Most of my choices bombed  including Rawls , who went out injured. banghead beer

Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2015, 02:46:11 AM »

I'm in the money on 4 or 5 entries. Small stuff these days. 1st place in a 20-man 50/50 with 160 points.  smash

Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2015, 08:00:57 PM »

I've been breaking even lately in both NHL and NBA so I'll try to share my method.

1. I belong to Rotogrinders incentives (the paid content). The best things in here by far are the player projections (projected points) tools and "JMtoWin's" weekly NFL breakdown article. Most of my picks this week came from him.

2. For NHL I do defensemen first and I sort the projections by total points scored and I look for the first drop in price to the second-level guys priced around $4-5K. Then I play the biggest underdogs of the night -- I like the +165 or higher teams -- their goalie plus 3 of the cheapest 1st and 2nd line guys that are on PP1 or PP2 lines. This leaves some money for the best of the rest of the field and I go with guys like Overchkin and Stampkos, whoever is projected to score the most, for the remaining slots. So yes I like the contrarian approach for NHL because stacking several players seems to work in this sport.

3. For NBA I first filter out the low total games and any games with double-digit favorites. Then I filter out high-paced teams playing slow-paced teams (using the Hollinger team stats on ESPN) as they are going to be slowed down. So, I first sort what's left on the player projections by the Pt/$/K and pick maybe three high value players $4-7k especially favoring players on the slow paced teams playing high paced teams, particularly if the high paced team has a low Defensive Efficiency rating on the Hollinger stats (hello Boston, Golden State). Then I sort by points scored and fill the rest in with the best value of the guys projected to score the most. I find I do better avoiding the $9K+ guys most nights, as the ones projected to score in the high 30's and low 40's seem to have an easier time exceeding value. I try not to stack players in NBA but if it happens by accident so be it.

So if I can keep breaking even it should only be a matter of time before I hit, and as the season goes on the NBA Hollinger stats and the projected points should become more accurate.

GreenFish
Experienced Botter

« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2015, 09:58:27 PM »

thanks thumbsup  I will check it out.      beer

Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2015, 09:08:21 AM »

This Week NFL Picks:

QB: Palmer, Wilson, Rogers, Bortles

RB: A Peterson, D Freeman, D Johnson, Lacy, Ivory, M Jones

WR: N Washington (cheap), Robinson, J Jones, Cobb, D Thomas, M Floyd (cheap)

TE: Reed, Gronk, Barnridge, Z Miller

DEF: Jets, Sea

GreenFish
Experienced Botter

« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2015, 05:31:10 PM »

Good Picks  thumbsup   thanks     Also in  the mix with a chance -   RB - D Williams  J Hill     WR - D Baldwin   TE - R Rodgers         beer    

So this week I have six entries -  used your picks where ever I could and added some on my long shots in a couple.   beer
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 07:12:52 AM by GreenFish » Logged

GreenFish
Experienced Botter

« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2015, 08:01:26 PM »

I might be reading to much , but I have been led to believe  it is going to be the Russell Wilson show. beer   I put four entries  with Wilson and two with Palmer.   thumbsup
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 12:20:19 AM by GreenFish » Logged

Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2015, 12:56:36 AM »

Well they need to win. At this stage of the season take players on teams that need to win. That means fading Carolina the rest of the way IMO, and probably NE starting next week.

GreenFish
Experienced Botter

« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2015, 10:31:41 PM »

The big thing for Sunday , is finding out who plays and who sits .   This could change by score etc. as the games wear on .  Huh? beer

GreenFish
Experienced Botter

« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2015, 10:03:54 PM »

My week 17 Boom or Bust Picks.        QBs    Rothlisberger , Brady , Brees             RBs Gurley, D. Williams , Frank Gore, J Gray       WRs   E Decker , D Baldwin , M Crabtree , B Cooks      TE   J Witten          DST -  Houston    Cincy   beer

Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2016, 08:05:39 PM »

The Seattle/Ariz game will be interesting for fantasy numbers as will the Phili/Giants game.

I'm only doing one entry and putting it in a bigger GPP + 50/50's and triple-ups.

Going with Fitz + Decker for QB + WR and I'm paying up for Beckman & Peterson.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Lounge (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: How to win at Draftkings (daily fantasy sports) NFL
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length