Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2022, 10:11:13 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Lounge (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: How to win at Draftkings (daily fantasy sports) NFL 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: How to win at Draftkings (daily fantasy sports) NFL  (Read 50881 times)
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« on: September 22, 2015, 10:21:50 PM »

This is a relatively new market and it’s full of fish. Honestly, it reminds me of the early Party Poker days. Here’s how you can kill it in the NFL with a self-financing stratgey:

1. Grind the 50/50’s by coming up with two or three lineups every weekend and bet about 10% of your account balance (total) entering these lineups in 50/50’s. Choose your lineup as follows:

* Spend the bulk of your salary on three running backs (include an RB in your flex position) , from teams that are favored but where the over/unders are not large. Bigger favorites are better. Pass-catching RB’s are best when they fit this criteria.

* Get a medium-priced QB who is mobile (scrambles and passes out of the pocket). Home QB’s on games with small point-spreads are best.

* Choose slot receivers (not wide-end) on favorites in games with high over-unders – same deal with the tight-end, but get him from a different team than your WR’s. You will be choosing value players here as most your money is gone from your three RB’s.

* Get your defensive playing one of the worst teams. This isn’t that important so don’t spend much here.

* Don't stack players from the same team in cash games, with the possible exception of a RB and defense being the same

That’s it. Grind it out every weekend with this formula and you will make money in the 50/50’s because there are a bunch of fish playing speculative lineups in 50/50’s (and speculative lineups are what you want for the tournaments -- but the fish don't understand this).

2. Now, take your profits from the 50/50’s and use them enter speculative lineups in the big tournaments and millionaire maker. Here you want low ownership players, to go against the crowd. One good strategy is to stack most of your lineup all on one underdog team with a passing QB who might have a surprising blow-out game. You’ll be the only one on them when it hits. The guy who won the million in week two had one popular player and the rest cheap sleepers. That's how you play these, the opposite way of 50/50's. It’s just a matter of time, baby.

Not to mention the 100% match deposit bonus! This really makes grinding the 50/50’s profitable!

beer
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 08:12:17 PM by Egor » Logged

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
Mrphil
Extreme Botter

full limit = rakemaker

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 03:41:35 AM »

OMG ... just the type of post I have been wanting to see.  bowdown

I'm a relative newbie at draftking, and I keep losing on the small tournies (but get close to $).

I knew there is some more strategy to it than what I was doing, but this is some great advice.

thanks

My life is a "missed click restoring state"
GreenFish
Experienced Botter

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 07:47:22 PM »

Looks like fun , but you would definitely need alot of fish .  By the calculations I see they take 13% Rake from the $5.00 Double Ups and  from the $25.00  Pool.    Correct me if  I am wrong , but it is a substancial Rake to overcome.....      Green beer
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 12:26:27 AM by GreenFish » Logged

All The Art of Poker Lies in A Fine Mingling of Holding On or Letting Go !
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 10:15:01 PM »

They take a 10% rake from the 50/50's.

And yeah -- that's an obstacle. But newbies are entering speculative lineup's in the 50'50's. You want the biggest one (most players) you can afford.

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
GreenFish
Experienced Botter

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 11:27:42 PM »

Ok    Lets give it a go.   I will try to follow your guide line .   Will need to use some stats as I am just a casual  Foot Ball fan.    thumbsup beer

Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 11:59:15 PM »

I really think it's okay just to buy the top three priced running backs (who aren't questionable) and a home team QB who is not a large favorite against a weak defense and then fill the rest of the roster with random cheap WR's and TE. Then put this lineup in a large 50/50 and/or a beginner 50/50 (you get those until you have played 50 events).

Then have fun making your speculative lineups. Enter a couple in the $3 tourneys with the $100,000 top prize. I like taking one marquee receiver and then stacking a couple underdog teams on it, looking for a miracle (like the bears having a huge game against Seattle this weekend or something).

GreenFish
Experienced Botter

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 04:02:49 AM »

Time for a couple more entries.  I ended up just a little over even last week with six  entries.  beer

Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 06:05:56 AM »

Yeah me too -- won the 50/50 and that paid for all my tourney entries

I like Cincy this week (Dalton + 1 or 2 receivers) to build around that for 1 or 2 GPP lineups

GreenFish
Experienced Botter

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 10:41:00 PM »

Ok  Four   Entries      3 around  Andy Dalton  and 1 Carson Palmer    with the best healthy supporting cast I could find    .  beer thanks

Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 01:03:36 AM »

Go Bengals!

Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 06:44:05 PM »

Well I cashed in a GPP with one of my Bengals cards. They came through, but the fantasy points were a little disappointing.

What's even more frustrating is I stacked an Atlanta card and it returned measly points after that score! All Devtonta Freeman...

Unfortunately I didn't get the right combination of other players on my Cincy & Arizona QB+WR stacks

Hope you did better Green !

GreenFish
Experienced Botter

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 10:33:30 PM »

I am sitting in the money on two of three Double ups , pending tonites game .  the third one has a couple of players in for tonite but may be to far out to make it a sweep  need about  30  points so unlikely... beer    I took a small one on the big prizes but not close there.   beer   I will be similar to last week , a little over even. popcorn beer
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 03:39:35 AM by GreenFish » Logged

GreenFish
Experienced Botter

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 07:16:31 PM »

Well  even again last week beer     Time for a few more entries ,  How about  Stafford for the QB ?  popcorn beer

Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 08:07:06 PM »

It's an interesting week because you can put three running backs on a roster that should really produce: Bell, Charles, and Freeman. I did one like this + Brady for QB and a bunch of cheap sleepers I really like and put it in the $50 massive 50/50. Easy money IMO.

You can stick Bell + Charles on most rosters even for GPP's and I think that's really going to help things. That would be easy for your Stafford + Johnson combo and then you could probably afford Julio Jones on that one! Looking good.

If you simply must have cheaper RB's Ingram and Forsett look pretty good

Here's some cheap sleepers you should consider:

WR's: Jacksonville has two that are awesome, Robinson and Burns. Burns is the cheaper and looks just about as good. The other one I like is Wright (Ten).

TE: If you can't fit Gronk in look at Clay (Buffalo) or for a really cheap option Daniels (Den) as Oakland simply doesn't cover tight ends!

I'm just using NO for defense on most rosters to save money for other spots.

Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 11:15:40 PM »

Oh and I forgot to mention Beasly (Dal) for a super cheap receiver that looks good!

GreenFish
Experienced Botter

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 12:39:21 AM »

ok  thumbsup       Heres to a good weekend beer beer

Mrphil
Extreme Botter

full limit = rakemaker

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 01:51:36 AM »

Egor,

Can we section this off into it's own section on the forum?

It would be nice to talk about and strategize with others that play.

On a side note, I can't believe they don't consider daily fantasy leagues a form of gambling. If poker is considered gambling, this certainly is too. You can use all the "skill" in the world and you are still betting on indefinite outcomes (injuries, high value players bombing, losers having miracle games).

Not to mention that recently there have been confirmed details of employees from Draftkings and Fanduel using insider info (site statistics) to play on each other's sites and win.  .... This could bring down the whole industry.

It's crazy out there  banghead

GreenFish
Experienced Botter

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2015, 03:32:24 PM »

It's an interesting week because you can put three running backs on a roster that should really produce: Bell, Charles, and Freeman. I did one like this + Brady for QB and a bunch of cheap sleepers I really like and put it in the $50 massive 50/50. Easy money IMO.

You can stick Bell + Charles on most rosters even for GPP's and I think that's really going to help things. That would be easy for your Stafford + Johnson combo and then you could probably afford Julio Jones on that one! Looking good.

If you simply must have cheaper RB's Ingram and Forsett look pretty good

Here's some cheap sleepers you should consider:

WR's: Jacksonville has two that are awesome, Robinson and Burns. Burns is the cheaper and looks just about as good. The other one I like is Wright (Ten).

TE: If you can't fit Gronk in look at Clay (Buffalo) or for a really cheap option Daniels (Den) as Oakland simply doesn't cover tight ends!

I'm just using NO for defense on most rosters to save money for other spots.

Well  C'mon Levon  "Bell"  ,  I have three Double ups just out of the money and they all have Bell Left .   If he has a big night I wonder if it will make the difference .     violin ninja boxing beer beer 

Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015, 06:30:38 PM »

yeah me too -- need about 24 Draftkings points from him to win my $50 double....

stupid Jamal Charles  shootgun

Mrphil
Extreme Botter

full limit = rakemaker

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2015, 03:37:58 AM »

How do you think I feel. I missed out on placing in a very large double up tourny by less than one point  banghead

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Lounge (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: How to win at Draftkings (daily fantasy sports) NFL
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length