Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2022, 04:21:08 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  PPL Support (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: Opponents C-Bet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Opponents C-Bet  (Read 3878 times)
__Trueno__
zeros

« on: October 06, 2013, 12:30:14 PM »

Hi, I would like to have your views on what is the best way, using PPL, to identify an opponent's C-Bet in Flop.

Of course we have the numerical NumberOfRaisesBeforeFlop and the boolean RaisesBeforeFlop, but they just give quantitative information and it is not possible to know if the last raiser preflop is the same opponent betting in flop.

Is there a simple way to do this with UDVs?

Thanks.

The success takes to know where you are, to know where you want to go, and to know what you have to do to get there. Often, the most difficult one is the first.
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 06:09:20 PM »

It is very easy to do if you only have one opponent on the flop, so I assume you are speaking of cases when you have multiple opponents?

It is possible to do in certain scenarios but perhaps not in others. In the case of having two opponents on the flop and the first one bets and the second one calls and you are in last position, for example, you could use the callssincelastraise = 1 variable preflop to set a UDV and then use that UDV plus this same variable again on the flop.

Or if the second opponent folds, simply stating bets = 1 and folds = 1 tells you the preflop aggressor must have bet.

In the same situation if checks = 1 and bets = 1 you know the preflop raiser checked and the second opponent bet.

I would be happy to try and code specific examples if you care to provide specific scenarios.

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
__Trueno__
zeros

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 06:58:04 PM »

Thanks Egor. I was looking for a more general solution for up to 9 players at table. This below is a possible solution, although not very efficient (a lot of code):

preflop
When raises = 1 and lastraiserposition = 9 UserRaiser9
When raises = 1 and lastraiserposition = 8 UserRaiser8
When raises = 1 and lastraiserposition = 0 UserRaiser0

flop
when raises = 1 and ((lastraiserposition = 0 and UserRaiser0) or (lastraiserposition = 1 and UserRaiser1) or ........ (lastraiserposition = 9 and UserRaiser9)) UserOpponentCBet
when UserOpponentCBet ...
etc.

Positions do not change from one round to the next, even if some of them folded, do they? And if some sit-out between rounds?

Thx.

The success takes to know where you are, to know where you want to go, and to know what you have to do to get there. Often, the most difficult one is the first.
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 10:27:43 PM »

lastraiserposition is restricted to the first action preflop only

that means it cannot be used at all post-flop (will always have a value of 0) or on the second orbit preflop. The only way to use it beyond the first orbit preflop is to set user-defined variables on the first preflop orbit with it and then refer to those later.

however you are really going about this in an unnecessary, overkill kind of a way

describe a scenario you want top identify and I will give you a piece of code - hopefully that will open your eyes to it

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
__Trueno__
zeros

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 11:39:14 PM »

lastraiserposition is restricted to the first action preflop only

that means it cannot be used at all post-flop (will always have a value of 0) or on the second orbit preflop. The only way to use it beyond the first orbit preflop is to set user-defined variables on the first preflop orbit with it and then refer to those later.

however you are really going about this in an unnecessary, overkill kind of a way

describe a scenario you want top identify and I will give you a piece of code - hopefully that will open your eyes to it

The scenario is simple. Except if there were no raises, one opponent was the last raiser Preflop. In Flop there is one Bet. I just want to know if the opponent betting in flop is the last raiser preflop.

So far, I am using RaisesBeforeFlop, and assuming that the bet on Flop is made by one of the preflop raisers, but I am not certain, and also not sure he was the last one.

Thx

Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 01:47:34 AM »

I don't think it can reliably be done with more than two opponents on the flop (in which case you've got trouble with so many opponents calling a preflop raise anyway and best slow down without strong hands)

For two opponents you are going to need to set user-defined variables preflop for

1) when raises = 1 and callssincelastraise = 0 userx1
2) when raises = 1 and callssincelastraise = 1 userx2

Then on the flop you need to use these UDV's creatively depending upon your position. For example, if you are first to act (from one of the blind positions) and check, and when the action comes back bets = 1 and (calls = 1 or folds = 1) and userx2 is true, its a safe bet the preflop aggressor bet.

__Trueno__
zeros

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 05:41:05 PM »

I don't think it can reliably be done with more than two opponents on the flop (in which case you've got trouble with so many opponents calling a preflop raise anyway and best slow down without strong hands)

For two opponents you are going to need to set user-defined variables preflop for

1) when raises = 1 and callssincelastraise = 0 userx1
2) when raises = 1 and callssincelastraise = 1 userx2

Then on the flop you need to use these UDV's creatively depending upon your position. For example, if you are first to act (from one of the blind positions) and check, and when the action comes back bets = 1 and (calls = 1 or folds = 1) and userx2 is true, its a safe bet the preflop aggressor bet.

Understood. Thx Egor.

Pages: [1] Print 
Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  PPL Support (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: Opponents C-Bet
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length