Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2021, 08:03:28 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Discussion Board (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: Ipoker, Multicurrency "bug" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ipoker, Multicurrency "bug"  (Read 3723 times)
PokerMad
Serious Botter

Shaky Big Butts Rock!

« on: November 22, 2010, 10:47:07 PM »

Anyone playing small stakes at Ipoker might want to take note of this thread on 2+2

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/important-info-ipoker-players-883575/

Basically if you play tables in a different currency to your account you are losing up to 1 cent/penny every time you join/leave or top up a table due to rounding on the currency exchange.

If you have it set to top up every time you drop below the table max this could add up to a significant amount quite quickly - you'd be paying an extra penny every time you post a blind!!!

PokerMad
Zsobot
Serious Botter

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 12:47:50 AM »

I think it's not a bug. This is ipoker  thumbsup
B200
Extreme Botter

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 12:49:56 AM »

wow

nice post.  bowdown

How do i check and change currency?
PokerMad
Serious Botter

Shaky Big Butts Rock!

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 12:23:26 PM »

Your account currency is whatever currency you use to deposit with and it shows your balance in in the cashier.

AFAIK the only way to change base account currency is to close your account and open a new one

PokerMad
sngbot
Extreme Botter

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 12:35:09 PM »

But you wouldn't want to keep changing your account currency (assuming you can) to suit the available tables... that would be a real pain in the arse! Can't you just wait for a table in your own currency to become available?
Smotty
Confident Newbie

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 02:44:03 PM »

And the sillyness of tables in £ is just awesome, I'd give some cents just to get in them, so... I guess it depends how much you can make with "wrong" currency.
morello
Experienced Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 06:35:39 PM »

if i only play on my currency i miss a lot of other fishes from the other currency...pretty crap thing  banghead
clefmoo
Botter

Fortune favours the fortunate.

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 06:42:02 PM »

I find it hard to win at BetnGo anyway, even without the currency exchange making it worse.
morello
Experienced Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 09:34:58 PM »

just received this email from betngo: i did send them the link....

That is not from BETnGO.com Smiley

If you have problems with our currencies, send us an email with screenshots and we will investigate it. But we have not had any problems so far where players lose money on currency exchange.

If you go to euro table with your dollar account, your money will be converted to euros using oanda.com currency exchange. When you quit that table, your money will be chnaged back us dollar using the same exchange rate that you started with.

Best Regards,
Bruce
BETnGO
PokerMad
Serious Botter

Shaky Big Butts Rock!

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 10:09:35 PM »

Yes  they use the same rate both ways, but they always round in thier own favour.

Just passing on the info,  but if you read that thread on 2+2 the evidence seems pretty clear to me.

PokerMad
morello
Experienced Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 11:06:20 PM »

its quite confusing...i will only play in my currency and go safe lol
SC
Experienced Botter

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 08:36:43 PM »

The currency thing is when you do "auto top up". this can be very damaging if playng NL and have the standard 100BB.and then post BB/reload some times.
Pages: [1] Print 
Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Discussion Board (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: Ipoker, Multicurrency "bug"
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length