Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2022, 08:52:55 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  PPL Support (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: AmountToCall Value 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: AmountToCall Value  (Read 2105 times)
Aresbot
Confident Newbie

« on: March 15, 2012, 07:05:23 PM »

Example,
Hero Stacksize = 80
Opponent Stacksize = 130

Hero Raise 5
Opponent Raise All In

What is AmountToCall value, 75 or 125?
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 07:59:32 PM »

more importantly, > 1500% potsize  Shocked

it is not capped by your stacksize because that would result in making undesirable calls for your entire stack when an opponent who has a huge stack goes all in, because of "pot odds" which do not actually exist (we tried that)

this way is much better because you can code for the situation using totalinvested codelines to keep from making undesribale folds when pot-committed

in your example you obviously would fold without a very strong hand or maybe had a high totalinvested %

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
Aresbot
Confident Newbie

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 11:18:50 PM »

Thx Egor!

TotalInvested is easy to use in a line with Call Force but im having some truble using it with Fold Force.

Yesterday happened something strange: bot had AA from button, raised, 3 calls.
On flop oppo went instantly all in for 240 bb in a 22bb pot, and bot called. And I lost 240 bb  banghead

The flop was on 8 T Q rainbow. Oppo had 9Jo  Roll Eyes

The line executed says "When (Bet = 1 and Raises = 0) and AmounTtoCall > 49% PotSize Raise 70% Force

So I want to put something to prevent this.

What about:

When (HaveOverPair) and not (HaveFullHouse or HaveStraight or HaveNutFlushDraw or ...)
   When (Bets = 1 or Raises > 0) and AmountToCall > 66% PotSize and Stacksize > 110 and (not TotalInvestet > 100% Stacksize) and not (AmountToCall < 51 or (AmountToCall < 71 and OpponentIsAllIn) Fold Force

To place on top of flop and turn?

66% PotSize is ok?

Ps.Stacksize is read at the beginning of every betting round, right?
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 11:32:37 PM »

Stacksize is read every time it is your turn to act, in real time.

That codeline that was executed - only wants to raise if the amounttocall was larger than the size of the pot?  Shocked Looks to me like the arrow is pointed in the wrong direction.

If you don't want to call large bets all you have to do is say when amounttocall > xx% potsize fold force

To make sure you don't fold in a pot-committed situation (when short-stacked for example), at the top of the betting round put in 1-liners that say to call when totalinvested > xx% stacksize (see the top of the betting rounds on the Doodle for more specific ideas)

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
Pages: [1] Print 
Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  PPL Support (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: AmountToCall Value
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length