Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2021, 03:49:13 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Discussion Board (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: Bodog poker update 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Bodog poker update  (Read 33274 times)
John007
Experienced Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2011, 01:06:56 AM »

bugger

ty zulu

cheers
John
SethUnter
Extreme Botter

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2011, 02:09:56 AM »

I was a bit out of touch with that 2+2 thread so thanks for clearing that up Seth.

Cool.  Cool we get MS to fix Bodog for this upgrade, then we add another USA friendly poker room, and we will have 3 good ones + cake and can then look at something like 888

...of course whatever this "branding change" is that is happening in a month may very well break the bot again and need another complicated fix.

I know it's off topic for this thread.

Don't shoot the messenger  shoottroll

Cake isn't half as broken as people think

Have you tried turning it off, then on again?
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2011, 03:10:26 AM »

Come on seth you can't just say something like that, start a new topic on this board and expound please.

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
greenpoker44
Experienced Botter

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2011, 03:13:04 AM »

Yes, two things are unique to this update that will take extra work to support:
1. You are assigned a number when you sit at the table, rather than your screen name. The bot will have to be programmed to know what number you are.
2. No option to choose where you sit at the table like before. e.g. If the open seat is seat 1, you are stuck in the actual seat 1 position and the view doesn't change to a preset seating preference. That makes it sort of a pain when multi-tabling in the first place, regardless of the bot issues.

Bodog supposedly wants to block data miners and use of HUD utilities. However, # 1-2 also might throw some wrinkles for updating the bot. That "may" have been their intention as well, but who knows for sure. They didn't mention anything about bot prevention as a reason for updating as far as I know.

Greenpoker44

Regards,
Greenpoker44
fk11
Serious Botter

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2011, 04:11:04 AM »

I cant find the $2.20 beginner tables anymore , where top 5 gets paid. 

webber04
Extreme Botter

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2011, 05:15:18 AM »

Yes, two things are unique to this update that will take extra work to support:
1. You are assigned a number when you sit at the table, rather than your screen name. The bot will have to be programmed to know what number you are.
2. No option to choose where you sit at the table like before. e.g. If the open seat is seat 1, you are stuck in the actual seat 1 position and the view doesn't change to a preset seating preference. That makes it sort of a pain when multi-tabling in the first place, regardless of the bot issues.

Bodog supposedly wants to block data miners and use of HUD utilities. However, # 1-2 also might throw some wrinkles for updating the bot. That "may" have been their intention as well, but who knows for sure. They didn't mention anything about bot prevention as a reason for updating as far as I know.

Greenpoker44

Not really.  our seat is the only box that is a different color than everyone elses
tantum
Botter

PPL Rock!

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2011, 06:19:43 AM »

New look and added anonimous table this is great Smiley also remove 4 table limit and support up to 20

Tantum Verde
greenpoker44
Experienced Botter

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2011, 08:17:05 AM »

I was checking out the 2+2 forums and there is a long thread with complaints about the Bodog update, and a lot of regulars all are deciding to cash out of the site.  Some suggest even non-regs, and/or fish, will not like the changes and decide not to play there anymore.

One person even posted that he knows someone who has Bodog "insider" news that Bodog will be implementing server-side bots (maybe they always did?) that will use internal HUD type data collection vs everyone, etc.  This is just from a post. No way to know if it is true, but other sites have done this. Anyway, maybe this just means that Bodog will still be bot friendly if true?

Regardless, Bodog might be getting enough complaints that they "might" make some quick minor client updates. Who knows if they will, or how soon they will. I don't like the fact that I cannot choose to position my seat at the table so it is always the same seat. The sounds are terrible. When I'm browsing the web and have the Bodog window in the background, I cannot tell when it is my turn to act. Playing on multi-tables is a pain now. It is disorienting due to no names, the seat being in a different position, and sound issues.

greenpoker44

Regards,
Greenpoker44
rockman123
Botter

If it were easy, everyone would do it.

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2011, 09:27:50 AM »

I was checking out the 2+2 forums and there is a long thread with complaints about the Bodog update, and a lot of regulars all are deciding to cash out of the site.  Some suggest even non-regs, and/or fish, will not like the changes and decide not to play there anymore.

One person even posted that he knows someone who has Bodog "insider" news that Bodog will be implementing server-side bots (maybe they always did?) that will use internal HUD type data collection vs everyone, etc.  This is just from a post. No way to know if it is true, but other sites have done this. Anyway, maybe this just means that Bodog will still be bot friendly if true?

Regardless, Bodog might be getting enough complaints that they "might" make some quick minor client updates. Who knows if they will, or how soon they will. I don't like the fact that I cannot choose to position my seat at the table so it is always the same seat. The sounds are terrible. When I'm browsing the web and have the Bodog window in the background, I cannot tell when it is my turn to act. Playing on multi-tables is a pain now. It is disorienting due to no names, the seat being in a different position, and sound issues.

greenpoker44

Agree.
They should atleast change the numbers back to player names.

When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience.
Doomtrain
Sellers
Extreme Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Pown Noobs!

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2011, 10:03:21 AM »

One person even posted that he knows someone who has Bodog "insider" news that Bodog will be implementing server-side bots (maybe they always did?)
greenpoker44

Haha wouldnt it be funny as holy hell if all those horrific fish farm players that have always fed us for years were actually bodog bots laugh
bigdady
Confused Newbie

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2011, 10:57:41 AM »

Awful to play there....with no names.....
Not to mention they closed all my accounts ....and some of my friends accounts for booting there
almost 20 accounts...
hydra did an error ,....
so be awere ....any suspicios play there....or many hours played...will be a closed account and investigation
joesphnichole
Serious Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2011, 11:56:48 AM »

I cant find the $2.20 beginner tables anymore , where top 5 gets paid. 

they still have beginner tables. 2.20 is 3 table. 4.40 is 9 man or 3 table
Nub
Botter

Nub

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2011, 12:24:41 PM »

Not to mention they closed all my accounts ....

I think you said it all just there and you seem surprised ?  violin
bigdady
Confused Newbie

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2011, 01:32:57 PM »

its like they want players to leave......since the update i lose and lose....
im gona leave soon.....i cant risk to put the bot again and close this accounts to  violin
Nub
Botter

Nub

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2011, 01:45:21 PM »

They want players that used DB, HUD, Sharkscope etc to stop and to move to a more recreational poker room where all players have a better chance of winning, ie those who do not use extra "tools" to evaluate play/players.

I would be interested in an update from MS with regards to the new Bodog software. How is he getting on ?
cannotdecide
Botter

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2011, 02:23:37 PM »

Couple of half days playing under the new set up and it is a bit painful. I think id rather bot for sure as even different seat positions etc are just not user friendly (look at my karma points, im into 'user friendly' haha) so sticking to original thoughts that this is now better for bots over individuals.

a win/lose situation for me as its my best profit site manual play but now don't like it o manual. Bot does well ok there too but my 'incentives/bonuses' are pants.  Really it means Im hitting ipoker for rake instead this month so they lose me initially and lets see what happens.

Some big differences so I don't see this as a quick fix and we hear anything within a week I will be amazed.  thumbsup

Sun, Sea and Sin Semilla
SmokeOne
Botter

Avoid lucky people.

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2011, 02:36:19 PM »

I was a bit out of touch with that 2+2 thread so thanks for clearing that up Seth.

Cool.  Cool we get MS to fix Bodog for this upgrade, then we add another USA friendly poker room, and we will have 3 good ones + cake and can then look at something like 888

...of course whatever this "branding change" is that is happening in a month may very well break the bot again and need another complicated fix.

I agree about 888.Have good micro cash traffic and good tournaments.
tweaks
Confident Newbie

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2011, 05:46:27 PM »

I just got a free +100$ bonus for this room. So i like to have it supported angel
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2011, 06:21:34 PM »

MS took a look at it and it has changed so completely that it is like supporting an entire new poker room from scratch. which usually takes two months or so. We have no choice but to unsupport it for now. This is some of what he told me:

...the bot uses ocr to read hand cards at bodog. The look and feel has changed so I will need to re-implement the ocr to read hand cards at bodog. But that is not the main problem. ...to find the right place in the code where I could read internal data structures to find information about stack sizes and chat messages etc. Since they now seem to have changed a lot of the internal code, that will no longer work. So I need to re-figure out where to the get the information I need from. Even if Bodog uses Qwidget like full tilt it does not help much. It took several weeks of searching to find the right place in Full Tilt code from where I could get the internal messages and it is likely to take the same amount of time at bodog. There is also the risk (as we have seen with cake 2.0) that I will not be able to find a right place. After that the current bodog code may need to be completely thrown away and new code re-written. Maybe some of the full tilt code can be re-used and maybe not.

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
Nub
Botter

Nub

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2011, 06:34:48 PM »

Disappointing as i renewed only to play at Bodog but i know you guys are doing your best.  i'll go give Mint a whirl  thumbsup

Thanks for the update Egor, we appreciate it  bowdown
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Discussion Board (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: Bodog poker update
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length