Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2022, 03:00:38 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  PPL Support (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: cake 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: cake  (Read 38016 times)
thomas66
zeros

« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2012, 08:15:11 AM »

Great thread!

Personally I think it would be a much more workable solution to allow to code for fractional bb's in the currently existing variables, for example:
Stacksize = 3.44 (in bigblinds)
Potsize = 2.5 (in bigblinds)
Bigblindsize = 0.10

Stacksize
In a sng tournament with BB800 and in the smallblind, maxstilltoactstacksize = 2 means opponent had somewhere between 1200 and 1999 chips. When you sit with a 3bb stack, meaning between 2000 and 2799 chips, you cannot get the stacksize situation very clear. In a situation where i have >= 2600 and the bigblind has <= 1300 chips, and we are on the bubble, i would push a way wider range than when opponent has >= 1800 and I have <= 2200 as I would not have enough chips for a comeback when I lose when called.

Potsize:
Lets say you raise on the CO to 3BB. If the bet is called by the smallblind, the pot postflop would be 7BB, but if the bet would be called by the bigblind, the pot on the flop would be 6.5BB. When playing on NL25 and up, people tend to call the bigblind with a way broader range than the smallblind. I find myself in situations where i would have bluffed the sb and folded to the bb quite often. When

Bigblindsize:
When the bigblindsize is fractional, you could fix the cake error quite easily. On NL2 ( stacksize = 444 ) and NL4 ( stacksize = 888 ) it is easy to recognize the cake stacksize issue. You would also be able to code for specific moves for only a higher level play. I found myself coding a very sophisticated check/push semibluff out of position on the turn and at NL50 and up this move brings a LOT of EV, since people there know to fold. On NL10 however, I would never attempt to do this, since you will get called off with 2nd pair.

I think it will be absolutely horrible to code with actual StackSizeInChips as you would still find yourself writing way too many lines and modifying your script for different levels. When I analyse this thread I see that the variable is requested because the bot lacks accuracy in some spots. I agree with Egor that with all variables relative to the bigblind, it is a lot easier to code. You would have an overkill of exact stacksizes in your script if you measure it in actual chips. I absolutely recognize the problem in lacking accuracy in some spots, but I believe the solution should always be relative to the bigblind. Allow 2 numbers after the dot and you have enough to work with.
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2012, 05:12:26 PM »

these stacksize = xxx theories when an opponent goes in are not correct; I have never seen that happen, when an opponent goes all-in my stacksize read is usually correct

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
thomas66
zeros

« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2012, 07:36:15 AM »

these stacksize = xxx theories when an opponent goes in are not correct; I have never seen that happen, when an opponent goes all-in my stacksize read is usually correct
Yes, that is correct. What i meant is that the stacksize is measured in whole bigblinds. This results in both 1200 and 1999 stack being (correctly) read as a 2bb stack. What i meant is that if you allow a digit after the dot, you gain more accuracy. with 1200 stack, stacksize would be 1.5bb and with 1999 it would be 2.5bb. Rounding up the stacksize is pretty okay in most situations but at the end of a SNG or MTT where everybody is playing red mzone stacks, it is not accurate enough.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  PPL Support (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: cake
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length