Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2021, 04:53:16 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Discussion Board (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: Pokerstars Fulltilt UB seized by the FBI 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars Fulltilt UB seized by the FBI  (Read 53889 times)
tyg
Botter

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 11:20:57 PM »

well the concern isn't so much if we can still play but if what we're playing for even has value still and if we'll still be able to pocket that $
poker347
Serious Botter

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2011, 11:29:31 PM »

Maybe you can play, but they've also cracked down on the payment processors heavily.
And everyone is trying to withdraw their roll but a lot of ppl are saying withdrawal requests get denied.
72suited
Experienced Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2011, 11:32:09 PM »

Think you will find the servers are not states based just the domain names but will bwe interesting
orangesareblue
Read Only
Serious Botter

kitteh thinks u bluffin

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2011, 11:44:23 PM »

HAHAHA bodog so SLY

1:57 p.m. PDT: PokerNews has contacted Bodog for a comment on the recent events, and according to a Bodog representative it is "business as usual at Bodog for U.S. customers."

I never botted much when fulltilt was available, but it was pretty fishy right? What if all those fish just move to bodog??

All this assuming worst case scenario

naa FT was quite tough, total opposite of bodog im afraid!

im from the UK but i still see the FBI warning if i go to http://www.ub.com/ as well, whats with that?!

and surely the FBI cant prevent everyone from withdrawing their funds also? americans would lose millions of $ in their accounts and hate the FBI forever?!

i dont understand why the FBI have left it so long if they were gonna do that....

as I was walking up the stair I saw a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away
orangesareblue
Read Only
Serious Botter

kitteh thinks u bluffin

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2011, 11:45:11 PM »

my favourite botting time was when the US came home from the bar......now its gone  smash

as I was walking up the stair I saw a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away
lucky1
Extreme Botter

Luck comes and goes...Knowledge Stays Forever.

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2011, 11:48:08 PM »

Hope for the best and expect the worst i guess.One way or another something has got to give, as this is really getting F old.   smash  -L1

"Knowing what to play $2, Knowing how to play it $6, knowing when NOT to play it... priceless"

" I dont go lookin for fish, i look for a shark to turn into a fish "
jackherer
Experienced Botter

i just worked out how to change this

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2011, 12:10:24 AM »

fool
spartan2012
Serious Botter

freerolls for ''MANUEL PLAY'' and everything else!

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2011, 12:31:56 AM »

im in U.S. i can log on and play play money games only but it wont let me play anything cash...

Bodog hear i come.....

Myself and the Shanky Bot do in no way support boting @ P.S. ''AS MOST HEAR SHOULD KNOW'' However i do support ppl getting free money so i wish you all good luck!!
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2011, 12:32:08 AM »

the fed post is up on those domains for me now

I find it hard to believe the domains could be within reach of the USA feds unless the operators were foolish enough to keep them in a USA registrar account.

popcorn

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2011, 12:34:39 AM »

...still able to join real money tables at UB however.

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
Frackit.
Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2011, 12:45:47 AM »

Maybe these poker sites should give that new stealth tool a try?? Lol!!

Patience is a minor form of torture disguised as a virtue.
BaronVonBadGuy
Experienced Botter

Ni!

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2011, 12:55:43 AM »

With the limited information available at this point I see two possible scenarios for how it'll continue to play out, the 2nd being the most likely in my opinion.

#1 One or more of the poker sites have an ace up their sleeves and will have everything functional and running within a few days, possibly under a different domain, however and using a different or limited sort of financial dealing.

#2 The sites and rooms will either be completely inaccessible or limited to non-US players, while the legal processing goes on for 3 months - 3+ years. In the mean time payments may either be frozen, processed or in the worst case confiscated. However it goes, poker will eventually become available again, it is of no harm to citizens, apart from those that'd have caused harm upon themselves with a bubble-wrapped scissor anyway and there's a possibility of tax income for the government.

However it goes, there'll still be non-US sites to play on already now.
k8danzcat
Confused Newbie

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2011, 01:44:14 AM »

I'm in the Philippines but use US bank accounts.  Going to be interesting.  I can access all sites except FT.  To be clear, the FBI seized the domain name for FT because it is considered to be property and they had a warrant to seize all property.  But why not the other sites?  That leads me to believe and hope they will be back up as soon as they get an alternate registration.   

We should have seen this coming.  A few months ago, popular torrent download sites were seized in a similar fashion.  Most were back up quickly. but a few are gone forever.

I remember other countries complaining because the ultimate top level for domain registrations (at least for .COM etc) is serviced in the US and thus subject to US courts.  But again, why FT only?  My guess is FT screwed up somewhere and used a US registrar or they were more in violation than the others?Huh?  My favorite torrent site moved to a .ME domain and has been up without interruption. 

Really interesting is a tracert to UB and Carbon both show my packets routing through US AT&T systems
mellonhead
Confident Newbie

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2011, 02:33:08 AM »

What a joke.  My stars account was the only thing I loved and now it won't even let me withdrawl.......

What now!!!!!! violin
aussiejon
Confused Newbie

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2011, 02:58:50 AM »

Even if you can withdraw from the pokersite, it's unlikely the payment processor is going to be able to send you the money. I'd be inclined to leave my money on the sites instead of attempting to withdraw.

I feel sorry for my American friends stuck in the crap but I think perhaps this could be a good thing long term. If you read this site about http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9MIC7V80.htm just a few days ago, it makes the timing perfect. The US gov will prob shut down the offshore operators to make way for the licensed American ones.

Long term, this could be a real good move and make it easier for botters as goverment regulation might slow how licenced poker sites can react.

Interesting timing for me as well as I only purchsed the bot 2 days ago! No matter, I'm from Australia so I can continue to play online with the bot and I only purchased it for an intellectual challenge, no dreams of making any significants amount of money here Smiley
John007
Experienced Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2011, 03:37:35 AM »

Aussie jon

technically we can not play on line poker either im from sydney

john
aussiejon
Confused Newbie

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2011, 03:39:45 AM »

I thought it was only illegal to run a poker site on our shores and not for us to play on overseas sites. Doesn't matter anyway, they locked down 76 payment processors in 14 countries.. noone is getting their money.
MyOwnWorstEnemy
Experienced Botter

Today's Horoscope: fool yeah!

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2011, 03:46:20 AM »

It's not a hoax.  It was on the news today.  I've been following the threads on 2+2 all day.

Apparently within the next 48 hours, these three sites will be shut down for EVERYBODY, American or not.
sleeperz
Botter

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2011, 04:02:37 AM »

Any ideas how this cold impact Bodog an other US aloving sites?

Amazing!
algarvio
Confused Newbie

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2011, 05:02:58 AM »

ub.com = crazy FBI logo
ub.net is loading ok

I'm in Portugal, playing right now at ub, no problem at all (so far...)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Discussion Board (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: Pokerstars Fulltilt UB seized by the FBI
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length