Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 25, 2021, 02:06:42 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Discussion Board (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: Pokerstars Fulltilt UB seized by the FBI 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars Fulltilt UB seized by the FBI  (Read 54321 times)
newname
Extreme Botter

« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2011, 10:13:25 AM »

I wonder if they will do like bodog and mail checks from canadian banks.
kboxer7
Confused Newbie

« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2011, 12:56:59 PM »

This would prob be a pain for larger amounts cause I'm not sure of the limit on these cards, but couldn't they just purchase pre-paid Visa gift cards or American Express gift cards or whatever and send those to us in the mail?

Just a thought....

Thats the real problem though how is UB going to cater to US players and get them their money they have been shut out of the US banking system.  They have no way for money to exchange hands.
patriots76
Confused Newbie

« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2011, 04:45:31 PM »

I am not an expert on this but have been listening and reading a lot about this since I am invested in the outcome.  Bodog's Canadian checks have never been an issue because you could cash them in the US banking system,  now that might be a totally different story.  Basically you would have to get a foreign bank account for their banks and your to communicate  and cash checks from their accounts to yours and vice versa.  

If bodogs checks "work" then they should be business as usual and any American player should be able to cash out anytime and be able to tell us here. I am sure they have stopped deposits and withdrawals because of the above and it isnt business as usual. 

Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2011, 04:52:02 PM »

the poker rooms being "shut out of the US banking system" happened years ago

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
patriots76
Confused Newbie

« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2011, 05:25:44 PM »

Not exactly from what I understand.  If that was true then why isn't it business as usual at Bodog and Cereus for deposits and withdrawals?  I am still playing at these sites but I know they face some challenges. 
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2011, 05:28:39 PM »

It is in fact business as usual at Bodog. I don't know why UB has suspended USA banking, but since they have not banned USA players one can only assume they are working on new banking solutions.

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
rockman123
Botter

If it were easy, everyone would do it.

« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2011, 05:33:34 PM »

I m from europe so no problems for me Smiley

the Guarantees at UB are back up so thats even better - > less ppl = more $$ for me (H) Smiley)

When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience.
patriots76
Confused Newbie

« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2011, 05:39:41 PM »

Interesting Bodog does appear to be running normally for taking deposits.  Has anyone received a withdrawal?    This banking issue has been a huge thing on the wombat radio link you posted.  I have been listening to that for hours on end every day lol.
webber04
Extreme Botter

« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2011, 08:49:32 PM »

i know
its by far the most informative source online right now
and its quite addicting!!   Grin
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #149 on: April 21, 2011, 11:26:42 PM »

Nothing has changed with Bodog, they were not included in any of this. They are not part of it. Whatever banking systems they have in place are the same as they have been for many months.

It is my understanding that having a paper check mailed is a popular withdrawal choice for US players.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:24:47 AM by Egor » Logged

Luna Wolves
Botter

« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2011, 11:51:46 PM »

Nothing has changed with Bodog, they were not included in any of this. They are not part of it. Whatever banking systems they have in place are the same as they have been for many months.

It is my understanding that having a paper check mailed is a popular withdrawal choice for US players.

Yup.. Bodog sends a nice check. Takes a few days and no problems at the bank..   thumbsup
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:24:59 AM by Egor » Logged
peamasii
Super Botter
Serious Botter

Dream of a perfect bot!

« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2011, 02:05:35 PM »

AP/UB has cancelled pending payout requests and is accepting new requests up to $250/week max.
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2011, 04:49:21 PM »

The fact that Cereus cannot stand a "run on the bank" testifies to their insolvency, unfortunately. They must have been dabbling with customer deposit funds.

peamasii
Super Botter
Serious Botter

Dream of a perfect bot!

« Reply #153 on: April 24, 2011, 10:40:50 AM »

I doubt that that any poker site with reasonable traffic will ever go insolvent. They can have some accounts seized, open new ones and continue to rake in. As long as rake keep coming in, they have no reason to go busto. If Merge can stay up on lower traffic, Cereus can definitely continue like this. The market discount on player funds right now is only about 10-15%.

Correction: I see the discount is actually 40-50%. So yeah, there's a good chance they'll go busto.  Cry
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 06:02:25 PM by peamasii » Logged
Kuroth
« Reply #154 on: April 26, 2011, 10:57:02 PM »

AP/UB has cancelled pending payout requests and is accepting new requests up to $250/week max.

Hu?Huh? When did you see this?Huh?  They are offering NO payments to US players(But funny as they sure still let you deposit and play)..  I wondered why UB "LETl me win $550 Sunday night for the first time in months...  Now I know why...   
tyg
Botter

« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2011, 01:02:55 AM »

I doubt that that any poker site with reasonable traffic will ever go insolvent. They can have some accounts seized, open new ones and continue to rake in. As long as rake keep coming in, they have no reason to go busto. If Merge can stay up on lower traffic, Cereus can definitely continue like this. The market discount on player funds right now is only about 10-15%.

Correction: I see the discount is actually 40-50%. So yeah, there's a good chance they'll go busto.  Cry

what does market discount mean? There's a chance that the $ in our accounts could be useless? If so I'm going to stop playing manually on UB... -_-
webber04
Extreme Botter

« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2011, 06:40:24 PM »

PS is allowing all USA players to withdrawal all funds today
i just did mine
trustme2003
Botter

...Time is money...

« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2011, 04:28:15 PM »

Why did my comment get removed?  I was basically asking if anybody knew if I was going to get charged later or not and what the Negative account meant.  It just made me laugh i guess.

...It Is What It Is...
peamasii
Super Botter
Serious Botter

Dream of a perfect bot!

« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2011, 07:36:36 PM »

tyg, it means that people pay up to 40% of their UB account value to have it immediately available or cashed. the problem is that we don't know yet if buying account balances is well within their terms of service. customer support indicated it might not be, so any large transaction should first be cleared with a live UB cashier.
snapcracklepopperhead
Super Botter
Serious Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2011, 09:36:44 AM »

17 NL tables active as I typre
thats right - 17.

UB has been decimated by all this

There are only 10 types of people in the world
Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Discussion Board (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: Pokerstars Fulltilt UB seized by the FBI
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length