Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2021, 10:51:45 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Discussion Board (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: Poker Bots Make The News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Poker Bots Make The News  (Read 9883 times)
uplander
Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 02:19:47 AM »

Doom, I don't think you want to keep anyone out if you are running a poker room, unless you just want it to be bot v bot. A 100nl grinder may well have a 5-figure bankroll. 100 of those gives you $1million in the bank, getting interest and interest rates are likely to rise significantly soon.

In fact, I can see merit in fundamentally altering the table graphics to suit multi-tablers. If you look at a typical poker window, most of the room is wasted space, avatars, etc. Neither bot users or grinders have much interest in how pretty the table looks.  

I think all the relevant data+cards could fit into a 250x250 window, or a rectangle that was no bigger. That would enable 16-tabling without overlap. In fact that would still leave a large strip of space on the screen.

I like the idea of being able to move your mouse-pointer over any player and highly detailed hud-type stats appearing in that unused strip. That would make it fair for everyone. I think it's a bit rich when players with HUDs complain about bots as being unfair, yet they have no problem using a HUD to help them fleece new players who haven't even heard of HUDs and who have no idea of the disadvantage they are at by not using them.

I bet there would be lag problems with that though (the time it would take the stats to appear on screen when you moved the mouse-pointer over a player) and it would cost a lot to build. I'm convinced that smaller and more compact poker windows would be a good step forward though.

Boost
Confused Newbie

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 09:25:42 PM »

I really couldn't see how a poker room dedicated to or welcoming bots (especially a new room) being successful in the slightest.

It's like if a big site like poker stars, full tilt decided on welcoming bots. The traffic would just drop massively and it would be just a bot fest and totally unprofitable to users of bots.. You might well get the odd human player in but for the most part a human player who isn't a very good player and recreational certainly wouldn't like the idea of playing vs a robot.

Cake poker is another "big" if you can call it big, website for poker and the traffic is dreadful as it is. Imagine them welcoming bots? This would kill cake poker off completely.

Now trying to even think of the idea of someone creating a new room, I couldn't even see it lifting off to be honest.
Doomtrain
Sellers
Extreme Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Pown Noobs!

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 09:40:21 PM »

Get outa here man boost lol, bodog did just that for a long time and as soon as they stopped partially supporting the use of them their traffic fell off a cliff.
Thats not speculation its fact.

Your probs right from a short term rake point of view uplander, but im thinking of terms of being attractive to fish for long term retention of recreational users. You can clip a sheep his whole life and he will like it but once you skin him hes done. This is pretty much how i look at fish on a poker table, if they lose slowly they are happy because they have good value entertainment, but if it becomes more costly than a meal at the pub because of mass tabling pros they quickly decide to take thier disposible income to the pub instead because its become cheaper.
Looking at different things from a different point of view.
PokerFox12
Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2011, 03:15:05 PM »

The bot would get into the next level...if it could discuss with pt3 or hem database, then it would be possible to use different profiles against different players. This is the bots future...

-TheRealPlayer
uplander
Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2011, 04:46:02 PM »

I think the thread is getting a bit multi-way! It began about a newspaper article. Now it encompasses rake free poker, bot-friendly rooms and now the many-times-discussed nirvana of HUD reading bots.

Doom, good point about keeping poor players interested.

I think the idea of rake free poker with a 10% tax on withdrawals has some merit, though.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Discussion Board (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: Poker Bots Make The News
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length