Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2021, 10:20:04 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Discussion Board (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: bubble.... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: bubble....  (Read 2195 times)
mrbam073
Confident Newbie

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« on: November 08, 2010, 04:52:29 PM »

i`m playing mostly mtt and with jacks mtt profil it works really good - the only one thing is that i`m bubbling very often, almost every 3rd tourney (bubble or 5-8 places away in 200-500 players). just bad luck or you guy have a tip? actually i cant complain because i want a bot which wants to win and not just the money. i also know that the bot dont know when the money is coming up....
peamasii
Super Botter
Serious Botter

Dream of a perfect bot!

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 12:04:50 PM »

It depends on the MTT field size and starting stacks. If you are playing large field deepstack MTT's, the bubble is usually around blindsize of 800 and ending around 1200. So in your profile, you would play accordingly for the bubble between those blindsizes. If you are playing for top seats, then you will play the bubble more aggressively. If you're playing for max ITM frequency, then play tighter in that area so as not to bubble out.
mrbam073
Confident Newbie

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 04:59:53 PM »

you know a profil for bubble playing?
sngbot
Extreme Botter

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 05:58:21 PM »

It's impossible to code for because every MTT has a different field size, and therefore payout structure, and therefore bubble and ITM levels.

If the bot was able to recognise how many players were left in a tournament, you could have a section of code that handles bubble and ITM levels, in the same way you can for SNGs. All you'd need to do prior to playing the tournament is look in the tournament lobby, find out how many places were paid, then modify the bubble/ITM code in the profile accordingly, join the tournament, start the bot, and Bob's your uncle.

Sounds simple, but I'm guessing it isn't, otherwise Egor/MS would already have a variable called OpponentsInTournament...
ChipBot
Experienced Botter

Money Grabber!

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 12:41:28 PM »

Focus on long vs. short term.

I lean towards playing normally thru the bubble to stack up. My "normal" profile play includes more exploitive plays vs. mathematical (+EV) plays at certain times (levels & situations). This usually pays off big at the bubble when some tighten up and the others shove stupid (Broadway/hollywood hands). You can easily increase your stack 3-5x at the bubble and that's a big advantage. Play a few re-buys to realize stack advantage in mid to late stages.

If you play a tight bubble it's easy to misjudge sometimes and/or other short stacks double or triple up instead of busting out. At this point you're relying on a "chip & a chair" resulting in a shallow finish and too many of those = negative ROI period.

Online pros play aggressive thru the bubble = (Overall ROI% > ITM%)

"Why do the push'n when the Donk'll do the pull'n?"
Pages: [1] Print 
Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Discussion Board (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: bubble....
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length