Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2020, 09:34:23 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Discussion Board (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: Cash Games vs SNGs vs MTTs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Which is more profitable after a 12 month cycle
Cash Games
SNGs
MTTs

Author Topic: Cash Games vs SNGs vs MTTs  (Read 8026 times)
Brooster
Experienced Botter

I don't computer

« on: November 05, 2010, 04:36:28 PM »

Which is better to make money on long term?

When I joined these forums cash games seemed like the way to go because even if you had a bad beat that week your rakeback would keep you afloat

I'm running a lot of MTTs and SNGs and the rakeback is peanuts but i understand there are chances to score bigger winnings.

What do you guys think?

Journals
http://bonusbots.com/support/index.php/topic,92.0.html
SiteM's MTT Project
Stackhunter SNG
Doodle
More on the way!
tight_fish
Experienced Botter

All you need is a chip and a chair.

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 04:38:09 PM »

i am playing MTTs and i am doing very well even if variance is big when you want a steady income cash game is the way to go

Profile for sale: http://bonusbots.com/support/index.php?topic=2482.0
tight_fish
8_ball
Botter

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 05:54:52 PM »

I think that the highest rake you get from Turbo shorthanded SNGs, but the variance is really big. in Addition, my first impression is that the profiles for SNG are not as good as for cash game. I downloaded lucky 1´s profile  (which should be one of the best), and it has some big mistakes . If I have the time, I try to improve it, but in this condition right now I think its saver to stay with cashgameßs profile Doodle 88.

How much rake can you generate playing 6 tables cashgame in an our on NL 2/5/10 on UB?
sngbot
Extreme Botter

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 06:01:53 PM »

If you'd asked me at FTP I'd have said SNGs (but I'm biased as that was how I was introduced to Holdem, what I'm good at and what I based my profile on). But since moving to Site I, I've had to completely rethink the strategy. The blind levels are stupid and the opponents are even more stupid. Fold equity was a useful weapon at FTP. Not so at Site I. Some retard will happily call your shove on the bubble with Q6 off or K3 suited. Even worse, when you actually have a strong hand like a pair of Jacks, you just know someone will call with any Queen, King or Ace and of course suck out on you with a 3 outer.

So, like you, I'm now trying to work out the best way forward. I'm guessing the MTTs won't be any better than the SNGs (only probably even more donks) so that just leaves ring games. And that probably means more bot opponents, which I was hoping to avoid. Although, having said that, at least a bot opponent knows when it's mathematically correct to fold...!  Grin
Brooster
Experienced Botter

I don't computer

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 06:03:59 PM »

You make an interesting point about donks.

But let's say you are getting called when you shouldn't be, wouldn't that only result in short term variance? Over the long term your making a +ev move which should, over a large sampling, make you money?

Journals
http://bonusbots.com/support/index.php/topic,92.0.html
SiteM's MTT Project
Stackhunter SNG
Doodle
More on the way!
sngbot
Extreme Botter

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 06:36:03 PM »

When it comes to bad beats, you're absolutely right. I'd never stop playing strong hands aggressively, especially on the bubble. But fold equity is only +EV if your opponents fold their marginal hands. And if you know they're not going to, it means a strategy rethink and a profile modification.  Sad
clefmoo
Botter

Fortune favours the fortunate.

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 06:49:40 PM »

Tell you what, I've changed my mind completely about playing against bots.
I used to switch tables when I saw the regulars but now I like to play them because you know where you are.
If I get a good hand, they fold. Having an odd donk at the table helps of course but I prefer six bots against me than 6 callers.
Dman
Extreme Botter

Supernova Elite

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 07:04:01 PM »

I love my cash games, i find the lure of the huge rake back amounts too great to resist, there are certainly arguments for playing MTT's and certain SNG's but it would take a lot of persuasion to move me from the cash tables.

Dman

Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity.  My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
sngbot
Extreme Botter

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 07:09:34 PM »

Clefmoo - completely agree. And I never thought I'd feel that way a couple of months ago.

Dman - the only slight problem is Site I doesn't offer rakeback!  Sad
Doomtrain
Sellers
Extreme Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Pown Noobs!

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 07:38:07 PM »

Coughs do people really believe what they hear about no rb on site i? i have 60% on wh and 40-50% on 3 other rooms there.  I never play there however as 60% isnt worth more than my eyesight and that software is the ugliest crapiest pile of rubbish iv ever had the misfortune of viewing.
I prefer cash in response to the op, but am a big advocate of switching it up all the time so play all types. Why limit yourself?
sngbot
Extreme Botter

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 09:14:51 PM »

Are we on about the same Site I? I'm on about the latest Site I addition. Not the other Site I skins.
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 09:17:16 PM »

Only BetnGo is supported guys.

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
Phenom
Experienced Botter

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 10:15:44 PM »

I am like DMan, I am a Cash Game Player... I think long term with Cash Games is more sustainable with a positive BB / 100.. It is only logical, Plus the fact that you can log more hands & more hours playing cash games..

But it is all preference

Nothing to see here folks, move along.
ChipBot
Experienced Botter

Money Grabber!

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 12:10:26 AM »

Minority voice speaking up here, but I like MTT's for the occasional big win vs. slow steady gains. I've played and botted both for years and MTT's have always prevailed long term for me.

Trick is you must have better than a cash profile against the online donks or you're just not going to get deep enough, let alone enough final tables. I actually have a few great profiles after much work and dues paid. I run each on a dedicated PC and rotate poker sites, that way my stats for the HUD lovers may not match the profile I'm running at the time.

The biggest challenge for me is BR managment and I think with proper BR mgmnt, one can succeed in MTT, SNG or Cash games. After winning $200 in a $3 MTT, I can't resist the temptation to run a few $10 MTT's for a chance at more ......bad bad bad shame on me!  Sad

"Why do the push'n when the Donk'll do the pull'n?"
8_ball
Botter

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 11:48:34 AM »

Coughs do people really believe what they hear about no rb on site i? i have 60% on wh and 40-50% on 3 other rooms there.  I never play there however as 60% isnt worth more than my eyesight and that software is the ugliest crapiest pile of rubbish iv ever had the misfortune of viewing.
I prefer cash in response to the op, but am a big advocate of switching it up all the time so play all types. Why limit yourself?

Sorry, but what stand "wh" for? and what are the other rooms wih 40-50 % rakeback?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 04:41:44 PM by 8_ball » Logged
DEUCE
Super Botter
Serious Botter

because sometimes you have to give them candy

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2010, 12:31:11 PM »

wh= william hill I suppose.

cash games baby.
Doomtrain
Sellers
Extreme Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Pown Noobs!

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2010, 02:40:17 PM »

Sorry, but what stand "wh" for? and what are the other rooms wih 40-40 % rakeback?

All mine are granfathered rb+monthly bonuses from the skins on the site that used to be on cryptologic network, but there has always been affiliates offering back door rb deals at astronomical levels on ipoker because the skins try to hack customers from the other skins to get bigger payments from ipoker and the only way to do that is to offer better deals. Theres a lot of nasty stuff that goes on behind the curtain at that place, it really is dog eat dog. Of course its all cloaks and daggers and im confident in the future it will crush the network eventually, its a well know fact to old heads that high rakeback kills networks and crypto is the perfect case study. It had the best software on the internet decent liquidity quite a few big skins tonnes of fish and all was rosy till the poor network rakeback infastructure destroyed it, if they had a clue crypto would now be in pokerstars position.
For the time being tho its quids in if you can put up with the software, i cant actually point you where to go that would be unfair as egors trying to run a business and besides if you follow his instructions maybe he has the same offer as the highest affiliates give (i hear on the grapevine 70% is the biggest) its never quite as simple as a straight 70% though obviously. A combination of payments based on play, monthly bonuses and rake races i imagine, to sidestep the ipoker no rakeback rules.
So your best option would be to take egors offer then if your going to play manually there compare it to what you can dig up on other skins for your non bot play once you know how much it is as hes obviously got to be coy with the figures like all the affiliates are, publication of anything including the word rakeback or % would result in fines for the skin concerned by ipoker (skins have been booted from the network for multiple offences) so hes not being akward he really isnt allowed to say if he did so the deal would go south.
Dont pm me i will not reply i dont pimp rakeback, and we are getting off topic so draw a line here on this subject.
Pages: [1] Print 
Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Discussion Board (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: Cash Games vs SNGs vs MTTs
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length