Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 18, 2022, 03:29:37 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  PPL Support (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: How to define fullhouse strength in Omaha 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How to define fullhouse strength in Omaha  (Read 502 times)
jbj81
Serious Botter

My bot is winning!

« on: July 06, 2022, 02:19:51 PM »

Is there a way to define if a set is formed from a higher card than pair on board? For example:

Board: 7789x
Hand: 88xx

The x's can be any cards, higher or lower than the pair on board. The fullhouse will beat any other fullhouse that is formed using the pair on board so it's important to define.
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 06:22:14 PM »

In your example simply saying havefullhouse and haveset defines it.

because with a full house using the paired board card haveset would not be true (havetrips would be)

you will also need to learn about:

nutfullhouseor4ofakind =

havetopnonpairedboardcard

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
jbj81
Serious Botter

My bot is winning!

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 12:35:56 AM »

Read again, the "x" can be ANY card.
So HaveSet would not define it correctly since the x can be lower than the pair on board.

Hand: 7788

Board1: 7QQKA
vs
Board2: 67QQA
vs
Board3: 557JQ

These situations are very different from another. Boards 1 and 2 would be very dangerous and Board  3 something I would not easily fold.
tapthatace
Botter

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 01:15:52 AM »

You really need to be using NutFullHouseOrFourOfAKind

NutFullHouseOrFourOfAKind – This is 0 if we don’t have a full house or four of a kind. Otherwise it returns a number
indicating whether our hand is the 1st nut, 2nd nut and so on. If we have the 1st nut full house or four of a kind this returns
1. If we have the 2nd nut full house or 4 of a kind it returns 2 and so on. It does not take straight flushes into account. So it
could return 1 even if our hand can be beaten by a straight flush. For example if we are holding an AK and the board
cards on the flop are AAK then this will return 1 since we have the first nut hand with the AAAKK full house.
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022, 02:03:42 AM »

^^ in that example it returns a 1 because it knows nobody can have 4 of a kind, since we hold the third ace.

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
Pages: [1] Print 
Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  PPL Support (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: How to define fullhouse strength in Omaha
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length