Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2022, 04:28:53 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  PPL Support (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: Random 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Random  (Read 36 times)
PlayAcesHard
Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« on: June 23, 2022, 06:11:32 AM »

How frequent does Random get assigned a randomized number? Is it refreshed everytime the bot goes to the next line of the codes, or it's in every turn that bots needs to act, or is a fixed number throughout the whole hand?
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 07:22:10 AM »

Every time it matches a line and is called into play it generates a new random result. This usually only happens once, as it is hard for the same codeline to be found true twice in the same hand.

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
PlayAcesHard
Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 05:19:13 PM »

What if I want to set a user defined variable only when certain action is taken using the random function? For example, under the situation where I want to make the call [xx]% of the time, and raise for the rest of time. How do I set the variable Preflop_call if the Call action will only be taken if the random<=[xx] is found true (and such line of code will be used to take a call action?)
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 06:26:55 PM »

You can include a random variable to set a user-variable true if you want but that seems like a poor practice to me. For one thing, you won't be able to reliably test the code working right in seeing the user-variable set true.

I would much rather set the user-variable true every time and then use it an an action line that includes a random element. That I I can verify that the user-variable is being set for the correct situation in the logs.

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
Pages: [1] Print 
Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  PPL Support (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: Random
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length