Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2021, 11:44:49 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Discussion Board (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: PLO5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PLO5  (Read 455 times)
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« on: October 06, 2020, 07:00:44 PM »

Let's talk about this game, Omaha PLO5 (Omaha-Hi). The mad scientist will have to get the bot to read the 5th hole card and include it in hand/draw evaluations.

Meanwhile I will have to create a profile -- which I think I can do using our existing PPL variables. So how should we play? It seems to me:

Preflop

• Unsuited aces not great, maybe fold if no broadway straight cards in early position or for raises
• Pocket pairs below 88 garbage without straight wraps to go with
• Never 3-bet
• In early position fold all non straight-wrap hands other than suited AA/KK or 2-pair hands 77+
• Almost always defend big blind for 1 raise

Flop

• Fold a flopped nut straight if expensive to call when not holding redraws to higher hands (this may be difficult to code) and this even includes a broadway straight if the flop is not rainbow

• No C-bets & no bluffing if 2+ opponents

• Only continue beyond flop if drawing to the nuts or holding middle or top set

• If flopped a non-nut flush play cautiously

• When heads up C-Bet then fold if raised if not holding a nut draw or a set

What else?

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
tapthatace
Botter

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 11:23:32 PM »

Preflop

Starting hands with pairs
Group 1: JJxxx, QQxxx, KKxxx, AAxxx – are all reasonable starting pairs
Group 2: 88xxx, 99xxx, TTxxx – can be considered if combined with some wrap/flush potential
Group 3: 77xxx, 66xxx, 55xxx, 44xxx, 33xxx, 22xxx – are too poor to consider playing.

Starting hands with suits
Group 1: AdXdAsXsX, AdXdXXX – single and double suits to the ace
Group 2: AdXdXdXX, KdXdXXX – single suit to the ace with 3 cards of a suit, and single suit to the king
Group 3: QdXdXXX and lower – are essentially poor flush hands

Starting hands with wraps
Group 1:  6789T, 6789A, 789TJ, 789TA, 89TJx (X being A,K,Q,6),  9TJQx (X being A,K,7), TJQKA
Group 2: 56789, 6789x, 789Tx, Or 5 in a row with a single gap, Or 4 in a row with a single gap and no card lower than a seven.
Group 3: 4567x or lower, Any wrap with 2 gaps or more – vulnerable wraps that should be avoided as a general rule.

Combo Hands
Really need to use the above hands and you are looking for suited/wrapping cards also

If you have a hand with two group 1s, or a group 1 and a group 2, then you should always raise preflop.

Post Flop
I think you are on the right track -- just would add more logic around # of players who saw the flop (adjust some of the things you mention based on this)
Position -- I tend to bluff more from the BTN post flop if there is no action coming to me

You have to avoid Passive play -- being the aggressor is super important and +ev

The Do's and Don't of 4-Bet Bluffing in PLO

You DO want a hand that contains an ace (in order to block AAxx hands).
    You DO want a hand with great playability (in case your opponent calls).
    You DON'T want a hand that contains a king (because you want your opponent to have KKxx, which he should fold).

For example, a hand like A♠ Q♣ J♠ 8♣ is a super effective 4-bet bluff. It blocks AAxx, doesn't block KKxx, and will perform very well on the flop with a low stack-to-pot ratio.
pinoy332
Confused Newbie

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 02:59:36 PM »

PLO 5 is a game of nuts and its one of the hottest game right now.
Pages: [1] Print 
Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Discussion Board (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: PLO5
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length