Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2019, 09:48:43 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Gambling Theory (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: You're in a 9 hand MTT and you have a pair of 8s 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: You're in a 9 hand MTT and you have a pair of 8s  (Read 2421 times)
XL5
Botter

« on: March 04, 2016, 04:34:23 AM »

You're in a 9 hand MTT and you have a pair of 8s.  You are down to 4 big blinds in your stack, its an hour into the tournament, and you are sitting in the cutoff position.  3 players in front of you call so its going to be a healthy pot but a lot of completion for it.

""MTT D108", Action = raisemax force"

So I raise and its all or nothing.  So the question is:  is that really a good move to go all in when you down to 4 big blinds and there are 6 other players who may call you and likely get a higher pair?

In this hand, only one of the other players called me but he had AK and a K fell on the flop  violin

It was probably a good call and I am second guessing about what coulda, woulda, shoulda happened.  What do you think?
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 04:54:55 AM »

With under 5 BB's 88 is a Godsend. I'm pretty much pushing anything there.

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
ykcip75
Experienced Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 09:29:53 AM »

when you down to 4 big blinds and there are 6 other players who may call you and likely get a higher pair?

Rough estimation of odds 1+ of your opponent holds a higher pair than you :

(number of opponents at table) x (number of higher pair than the one you hold) / 2 = about result %

for you : 8 * 6 / 2 = about 24% just 1 out of 4 pair of 8s

It was probably a good call and I am second guessing about what coulda, woulda, shoulda happened.  What do you think?

Anything coulda, woulda, shoulda happened it's poker ! But can you really afford the time to wait for a better hand ?
beholdem
Botter

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 12:00:53 PM »

Rough estimation of odds 1+ of your opponent holds a higher pair than you :

(number of opponents at table) x (number of higher pair than the one you hold) / 2 = about result %

for you : 8 * 6 / 2 = about 24% just 1 out of 4 pair of 8s

Anything coulda, woulda, shoulda happened it's poker ! But can you really afford the time to wait for a better hand ?

Dude wow!  You rock  rockout

I worked as an actuary for 6 years and I must admit that your rough estimations are the most obscurely accurate I have ever seen!   bowdown
riverrat
Experienced Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 06:35:24 PM »

If I was in a mtt with an entery fee of $25 or less I would do what you did but if higher than $25 I would try and cash and get my entery fee back to try for another mtt. I play close attention to bankroll management.

beer beer
maximumsloth
Experienced Botter

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 06:20:00 AM »

With under 5 BB's 88 is a Godsend. I'm pretty much pushing anything there.

/thread

Pages: [1] Print 
Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Gambling Theory (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: You're in a 9 hand MTT and you have a pair of 8s
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length