Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2018, 01:26:51 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:
Shanky Technologies: The poker bot that works!

Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Discussion Board (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: VM Setup & Windows Install Files 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: VM Setup & Windows Install Files  (Read 17619 times)
cosmo27
Sellers
Extreme Botter

Bots are better than pros

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2016, 03:26:32 PM »

You have to "re-download" them within your virtual machine environment.

KGB Profile: Proven Winners: Royal Tested - ROI: 40.8%, ITM: 19.6% over 400+ tournaments!!!
Cygnus x1
Confident Newbie

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2016, 03:57:24 PM »

thanks, one more thing, when I open a cardroom in vm it's bigger than my vm screen. so if I want to register for a turny I can't because the register button is off the screen. I hope that makes sense.
irobot
Experienced Botter

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2016, 04:07:41 PM »

thanks, one more thing, when I open a cardroom in vm it's bigger than my vm screen. so if I want to register for a turny I can't because the register button is off the screen. I hope that makes sense.

You have to set a good resolution for the screen of your VM....

maybe this video will help you with further questions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eno4l6pKQHc
cosmo27
Sellers
Extreme Botter

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2016, 04:13:22 PM »

Also, read through the beginning of this thread. I went through the same issue.

KGB Profile: Proven Winners: Royal Tested - ROI: 40.8%, ITM: 19.6% over 400+ tournaments!!!
Cygnus x1
Confident Newbie

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2016, 05:47:29 PM »

I think this is the last thing but how do I get my profiles to the vm? I got the bot there but the profiles are still on my main pc.
irobot
Experienced Botter

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2016, 06:25:56 PM »

I think this is the last thing but how do I get my profiles to the vm? I got the bot there but the profiles are still on my main pc.

share folders:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Po1dnuur0M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WjjivOFYHE
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2016, 07:02:14 PM »

You can also use a back-up drive like Dropbox or Google Drive -- or even just email them to yourself then open the email on the VM and download there.

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
Cygnus x1
Confident Newbie

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2016, 09:37:47 PM »

thanks for all the help everyone. i'm not a pc expert so it takes me awhile to figure out the language. everything is working great so far except my bot is doing 200 free hands again so I think my license didn't come through. I hope that's all it is.
                                                                                                                                        thanks again, jeff
cosmo27
Sellers
Extreme Botter

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2016, 10:14:38 PM »

Your VM bot has a new ID which requires a new license file. Email egor and he should be able to take care of you.

mosez
Confused Newbie

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2016, 06:24:57 PM »

A main issue you should probably take care of is that all your traffic to the VM goes through the NAT bridge. In other words - every VM is going to use the same IP. Poker networks don't really like seeing different accounts connect under the same IP and so you will need to figure it out.

VPN's and SOCKS5 is a basic option here.
On the other hand I personally experienced that iPoker didn't even care too much about same IP's inside the network at the same time as long as you don't sit at the same table, which is obviously correct behaviour to tackle collusion.

All the best

Rakeback Deals 80%+ at:   Bonus.Huntsman@gmail.com    super
greenpoker44
Experienced Botter

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2016, 06:32:41 AM »

I use VMware Workstation 12, full version. Anyway, regardless of what VM platform you run, be sure to "exclude your virtual machines directory" from real-time antivirus scanning! You will experience a big performance hit if you don't do that. If you use Malwarebytes and Norton, or something else, be sure none of these AV tools are performing real-time scans on your VM folder.

Regards,
Greenpoker44
BobTheBuilder
Confused Newbie

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2016, 01:45:44 AM »

Thanks everyone in this thread, I am a computer dumbass but with the comments here and a little bit of youtubing I set up windows 7 in VM today on my windows 10 machine and my bot is working really well. I still have to tweak display settings and stuff a little, but the point is if a dumbass like me can work it out anyone can.

Not sure if anyone asked before though how much memory should i assign to it? I am currently using the default 512 will that be enough it seems a little sluggish but its working fine.
cosmo27
Sellers
Extreme Botter

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2016, 03:54:53 AM »

Go with at least 2GB, i do 6gb personally  thumbsup

BobTheBuilder
Confused Newbie

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2016, 09:29:41 PM »

Go with at least 2GB, i do 6gb personally  thumbsup
That did the trick 4gb works well going to bump it up to 6 though
beholdem
Botter

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2016, 08:51:47 AM »

Trying out VirtualBox and having some basic issues (getting incorrect reads on stacksizes, players, opponents, pot ...)

I tried the following:

1. Downloading guest additions
2. Tried all possible resolutions
3. Assigned 1 processor to the VM
4. Disabling 3d&2d acceleration

Any suggestings?

Here's my current setup

Link
Experienced Botter

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2016, 06:24:05 PM »

Is it a custom Windows or normal one?
Have you tried 1 or more different rooms?
Does a hopper (Wildfire) works correct?
Sleeper
Confident Newbie

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2016, 09:11:19 AM »

From my own experience I did try VirtualBox but had problems with it.
I also tried Hyper-V that comes with Windows 10. That was a total crock of S..t.

I have had much more success with 'VMware Workstation 12 Player'
That is also a free download.
I now have a stable and fast vm running in Windows 7 and also Windows 10.

To authorize Windows editions in the VM, use Microsoft toolkit.
This is the version to download and use. 'Microsoft Toolkit 2.6 Beta 5.zip'
This will make your Windows Genuine.

But beware, a lot of sites offering this download have infected versions.
So do a virus scan after installing it.
But if you are using a VM, not too much problem if infected, just delete the VM.

The good thing about VMware is you can just copy and paste the VM using Windows explorer for backups if things go wrong.
So once your up and running, make a backup or two.
myrake
Botter

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2016, 01:00:29 AM »

Would a non genuine W7 cause any issues with the bot?  The only key I had was the one for the host machine which I'd already updated to W10.

"It's just like Santa's workshop! Except it smells like mushrooms... and everyone looks like they wanna hurt me..."
Hitbids67
Confused Newbie

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2016, 01:21:31 AM »

I set up a VM but for some reason the Bot won't start properly.  What do I need to do?
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2016, 01:51:53 AM »

could you be more specific about the problem starting your bot?

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Discussion Board (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: VM Setup & Windows Install Files
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length