Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2018, 02:57:53 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Marketplace: Add-on Software and Services  |  Topic: FREE - Health Check for Newbies 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: FREE - Health Check for Newbies  (Read 4278 times)
keiths
Sellers
Extreme Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« on: September 07, 2014, 09:34:57 PM »

Health Check for Shanky Holdem Bot - for Newbies

Over the years, many users (especially new ones), have had problems that are sometimes due to incorrect settings.

I created the following utility called HealthCheck to assist users with easily checking various computer settings.

I was originally planning on adding this checker into the WildFire product but I decided to just make it freely available to all.

Instructions

- Download the zip file and extract the executable (healthcheck.exe) into the same folder where your bot was placed.
- Run the executable.

Screenshots

Download Link

http://www.widgetmaven.com/files/healthcheck/healthcheck.zip

Note: The Microsoft .Net framework is required.  See the WildFire posting for instructions and download information if necessary.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 10:50:51 PM by keiths » Logged

support@widgetmaven.com
keiths
Sellers
Extreme Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 09:35:43 PM »

Frequently Asked Questions

Question - Are there any other options you plan on adding to this utility?

Answer - Not currently, however, I've thought about 2 additional things so far. #1 is an automatic fixit button for each type of problem.  #2 is for checking Poker Site settings.

Question - How does it handle having multiple versions of the bot in the same folder?

Answer - It doesn't handle that.  It just finds the first thing that looks like a bot executable and uses that.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 02:15:18 AM by keiths » Logged

support@widgetmaven.com
fazics1
Experienced Botter

Greedy loose twice!

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 11:09:35 PM »

like always... programming bulldozer  thanks thanks beer
SethUnter
Extreme Botter

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 11:14:30 PM »

Thanks, this is a brilliant idea. It's so reassuring to get confirmation that settings are all correct.  rockout

Have you tried turning it off, then on again?
fk11
Serious Botter

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 06:05:21 AM »

lol
Efu
Extreme Botter

the shanky breadandbuterland

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 02:36:13 PM »

thumbsup thanks party

fsubar
Serious Botter

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 07:04:22 PM »

This keeps saying that I'm missing the license file in the bot folder when it's in there and the bot is working. Any idea why?

I believe in happy endings.
keiths
Sellers
Extreme Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 01:09:50 AM »

This keeps saying that I'm missing the license file in the bot folder when it's in there and the bot is working. Any idea why?

Hi fsubar,

Computers are never wrong so obviously you are missing the license file Smiley

Seriously - based on whichever folder it is run from, it checks for "svchost.exe" and "holdembot.exe" as well as other executables in case the bot was renamed.  If it finds any one of those that look to be a Shanky bot, it will then look for a corresponding "holdem_license.txt" file in the same folder.

I'm not sure why it would say it doesn't find the license if it's actually there but it's probably a bug.

Keiths

support@widgetmaven.com

support@widgetmaven.com
frank billybob
Confused Newbie

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 04:51:36 AM »

Will this work properly on win 10?
keiths
Sellers
Extreme Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 07:06:56 PM »

Will this work properly on win 10?

Great question.  The program should run but I'm not sure if the results related to the windows settings will be accurate.  I wasn't using Windows 10 back when I created this ;)

Keiths

support@widgetmaven.com
frank billybob
Confused Newbie

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 09:22:23 PM »

I downloaded and tried it and it said it was all good except the same result as above about no license... so yeah I guess it works to a degree but are the settings correct Smiley
ITguy4981
Confused Newbie

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 11:34:55 PM »

Thanks for this! Assured me I had everything correct except the classic theme.
oneIjacK
Confused Newbie

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 02:59:07 PM »

this been updated at all? or is there somehwhere the settings are listed for windows 10? i  thought  this used to be in the guide.pdf but i didnt see where it said anything about widnows 10 settings   dpi smartscreen filter etc
kellypkelly
Confident Newbie

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2017, 07:16:32 PM »

What settings would you like me to advise you upon? All you have to do is ask, be specific, I am here most days so question me and benefit from my answers....
keiths
Sellers
Extreme Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2017, 10:15:26 PM »

this been updated at all? or is there somehwhere the settings are listed for windows 10? i  thought  this used to be in the guide.pdf but i didnt see where it said anything about widnows 10 settings   dpi smartscreen filter etc

Hi oneIjack,

No it has been updated.

Keiths

support@widgetmaven.com
Pages: [1] Print 
Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Marketplace: Add-on Software and Services  |  Topic: FREE - Health Check for Newbies
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length