Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2019, 08:49:15 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Gambling Theory (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: 14 Moves to increase your cash-game winnings 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 14 Moves to increase your cash-game winnings  (Read 14923 times)
ykcip75
Experienced Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« on: July 02, 2016, 01:31:50 PM »

When you are a tight agressive cash-game player your best weapon is the Continuation-Bet but your biggest enemy is the money you win without showdown!
Before you just had to size your continuation bet enough to discourage your opponent to call. But today with all those trackers and the popularization of poker
anyone can type in google How to counter Countinuation-Bets? and the first answer is floating. This answer is partially true because when you really have something your opponent will lose a lot.
But most of the time in poker you miss the flop and when your continuation bet is floated then you fold because you don't really know what to do..You lose some money, and when too many different opponents float you, you lose all the money you got with showdown if it's not more.

It's really important to make sure :

Money won without showdown is at least equal to - (Money won with showdown / 2).

Here is 14 moves to help you achieve this goal :

Don't auto C-Bet.
Reduce the size of your C-bet if you missed the flop.
Vary the size of your C-bet.
Defend your blinds.
Steal the blinds.
Value Bet More.
Play draws aggressively.
Double Barrel.*(**)
Triple Barrel.*(**)
Float. **
Reverse Float. **
Counter Floats. **
Turn Steal. **
Bluff in the river **

* Ideally you want to C-Bet on spot where a double barrel is possible but if you are on a tough spot it's better to check to attempt a turn steal.

** Don't randomly attempt these moves, you want to tell your opponent a credible fake story to make him fold. Use the information of previous betting round before deciding anything.Who raised/bet/called the first? And the most important is the board structure ! Which hand don't you have and you want to represent ? Because if your opponent doesn't believe you, you risk a lot.
phy224
Confused Newbie

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 04:52:45 AM »

Blinds are the worst position I'll defend my big blind on occasion but unless I have something I'm not usually defending my small blind.
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 07:00:23 PM »

in a heads up battle you have to defend & fight back from the blinds, though

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
BleepBlopBlurp
Confused Newbie

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 06:21:21 PM »

I defend my blinds like a maniac. Flops miss me but they usually missed my opponent as well. Having air in the BB on a safe board is usually my best double and triple barrel spots.
Pages: [1] Print 
Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  Gambling Theory (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: 14 Moves to increase your cash-game winnings
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length