Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2018, 06:40:47 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  PPL Support (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: Short Deck Poker Cash Profile 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Short Deck Poker Cash Profile  (Read 294 times)
jbotman
Botter

Think it and make it so.

« on: September 11, 2018, 12:08:39 PM »

Hi,
I think there is a goldmine in this new game for ACR and soon PokerStars
If anyone is interested in helping a complete ungeek in programming a cash profile for this game, I am very interested.
Thanx;
Jbotman

Be Happy!
Poker8
Global Moderator
Serious Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 08:43:56 PM »

Are you talking about the new game that ACR is putting out soon? I figured that the table might change and present problems for the bot.
jbotman
Botter

Think it and make it so.

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 09:30:37 PM »

It appears to be the same table, just the different format game.  Only a few tables available now and only on micro tables.
After watching for awhile, it is ripe for the picking with the right profile.
Thanx for the quick response.
JB

Be Happy!
rmcn172
Botter

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 11:49:51 PM »

Do you mean the (short) stack tables with a max buyin of 50 BB's?
jbotman
Botter

Think it and make it so.

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 02:20:34 AM »

No, rmcn;
Look at the holdem micro cash tables on the left column.  There, you will see some tables marked with 6+.  This stands for the cards in the deck.  6 is the lowest card in the deck rather than 2.  They have taken out the 2's, 3's, 4's, and 5's, leaving 6 as the low card.  This changes everything.  Also, 3 of a kind beats straight, Flush beats full house.  Very interesting and volatile game.
Jbotman

Be Happy!
Egor
Forum Admin
Extreme Botter

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 02:50:02 AM »

Interesting. I thought you were talking about Asian 5-car stud for a minute.

Please do not PM me about license issues or help stuff - email me or use the Help board. Thanks! -Egor
rmcn172
Botter

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 09:12:29 AM »

I was filtering full ring only so I did not have any listed.

All empty right now but will try and watch them play later today.

May be able to help in creating / modifying a profile  thumbsup
jbotman
Botter

Think it and make it so.

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 03:11:02 PM »

Yes, I was hoping to modify.  Note that the probability of winning changes.  I don't know how to address that in Shanky.
JBotman

Be Happy!
PokerGod
Experienced Botter

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 03:34:40 PM »

Yes, I was hoping to modify.  Note that the probability of winning changes.  I don't know how to address that in Shanky.
JBotman

IMO this is not possible without significant changes within the bot software. Sure you can edit your code with the new Winning Hand table, but for ex. lowest str8 is now A6789 instead of A2345. So there has to be some core changes within the software to realize that.

SpinAndWin The Only Profile For SpinAndGo / TwisterClick Here!
US Poker Players Welcome! --> Click Here!
rmcn172
Botter

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 04:30:39 PM »

I disagree it's very possible.  You need to write a cash profile that handles all conditions and not one that just modifies/enhances Doodle and the BOT programs default plays.  There are many tournament profiles, KGB for one, that do not pass hands to the BOT for default handling.  I have never looked for or remember using a cash one setup that way except for my own.

Straight vs 3 of kind and flush versus full house are easily coded for and definitely mean you can not pass the hand for default processing.  The low straight is probably a little more difficult but once coded becomes a non-issue.  I suspect this is where some of the weakness is as changing those perceptions of good hand or draw will be a challenge mentally.

jbotman
Botter

Think it and make it so.

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 10:13:11 PM »

Well, I hope you are right, rmcn.  For the reasons, you just described, it is a very good game to exploit.  It will be hard for players to think the 'new' way

Be Happy!
PokerGod
Experienced Botter

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2018, 09:40:48 PM »

I disagree it's very possible.  You need to write a cash profile that handles all conditions and not one that just modifies/enhances Doodle and the BOT programs default plays.  There are many tournament profiles, KGB for one, that do not pass hands to the BOT for default handling.  I have never looked for or remember using a cash one setup that way except for my own.

Straight vs 3 of kind and flush versus full house are easily coded for and definitely mean you can not pass the hand for default processing.  The low straight is probably a little more difficult but once coded becomes a non-issue.  I suspect this is where some of the weakness is as changing those perceptions of good hand or draw will be a challenge mentally.

I dont talk about playing specific situations. A6789 will not be handeled as str8. Those outcomes are handeled by the bot, not the profile. There is no code in ppl for redefining hand constelations.

ykcip75
Experienced Botter

Shanky Bonus Bots Rock!

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2018, 10:40:22 PM »

I dont talk about playing specific situations. A6789 will not be handeled as str8. Those outcomes are handeled by the bot, not the profile. There is no code in ppl for redefining hand constelations.

Actually the only way to do it is using user variables...But good luck on writing all conditions of an A6789 straight...
But if you managed to do it...

You can do something like when User_A6789 or HaveStraight User_HaveStraight.....
PokerGod
Experienced Botter

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2018, 12:21:08 AM »

Actually the only way to do it is using user variables...But good luck on writing all conditions of an A6789 straight...
But if you managed to do it...

You can do something like when User_A6789 or HaveStraight User_HaveStraight.....

That could work. But no matter if you recode an existing profile or go from scratch, this is a ton of work especially if you need to come up with  a complete new strategy.

jbotman
Botter

Think it and make it so.

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2018, 04:03:57 PM »

Not so much a new strategy as a new set of prime hands.  There is a prime hand list available online.
Jbotman

Be Happy!
jbotman
Botter

Think it and make it so.

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2018, 09:52:52 PM »

Here is a very good article that includes handranking:
https://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker/six-plus-holdem-strategy/
Jb

Be Happy!
Pages: [1] Print 
Shanky Technologies Poker Bot Support Forum  |  General Category  |  PPL Support (Moderator: sngbot)  |  Topic: Short Deck Poker Cash Profile
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length